Street Style Profile: Thomas McCallister
Thomas McCallister is a down-to-earth Athens native and aspiring artist, and by the looks of his wardrobe, we’ve gathered that he’s also a semi-professional thrift store shopper. His style is equal parts polished, rocker, and rugged. And though he’s definitely too modest to admit it (lets be frank here), those blue eyes and chiseled jaw put him in the should-be-a-model category.
This week, Thomas curates an awesome playlist for us, and tells us about his theory on venturing to new places.
1) What do your friends call you?
Anything that will get a laugh out of others, but T-Mac on occasion.
2) How would you describe your personal style
I tend to be inspired by my peers. I would say most everyone I associate myself with carries a pretty cool appearance. Goodwill is a wonderful place.
3) Can you tell us about your creative process when it comes to art making?
I enjoy working with recycled materials, whether it is physical or digital sourced media. As of now, my focus is on the human psycho-geography in relation to oneself becoming lost within a space– I personally embrace the feeling of not knowing where I am or what I’m looking at.
4) As an Athens native, what is your idea of an awesome weekend itinerary
Try venturing somewhere completely new to yourself. This shouldn’t necessarily be a bar or restaurant but an unexpected destination you never thought you would ever see. Take it as pure experimentation.
5) Are there any upcoming shows your excited about?
Athens Intensified is bringing Killer Mike to the 40 Watt on September 12th. Check him out!
6) Describe a wish that you had that came true.
This may sound feeble, but to be happy is my lifelong aspiration.
7) What do you see in your future – or, okay, the next 5-10 years.
Hopefully getting out of this town and venturing into the real world for a second. It’s quite easy to get trapped here.