Wide-Awake Makeup Tutorial
Ahh, nothing like forthcoming finals to make you remember that your skin is not invincible. The stress, lack of sleep and crappy food can all add up to a big, ruddy mess on your face. But I’ve devised a face makeup routine that will totally cover those purple bags, dull skin, and any blemishes you may have acquired. All it takes is a little careful coverage.
1. Start with clean, moisturized skin.
2. Dot a liquid foundation, like Flower About Face Foundation with Primer, on the back of your hand.
3. Starting from the middle of your face, use a Beauty Blender sponge to apply the foundation. Use a dabbing motion, and utilize the sponge’s tiny tip to target areas that get ruddy easily: your nostrils, in between your eyebrows and right below your mouth.
6. Use a concealer/brightener duo, like Benefit Boi-ing Eyebright Compact. Start with the concealer, applying it under the eyes in a triangular shape down your face. Make sure to blend well!
8. Use a concealer to cover up any blemishes with your finger. I prefer a powder formula, like BareMinerals Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Concealer.
9. Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks using any blush brush. A peachy shade, such as MAC Honey Jasmine Blush will make you look the most awake.
Done! Now you look like you’ve gotten a full eight hours of sleep, even if it’s a downright lie.